Transmission Vacuum hose Origin and Insertion?

paul30

paul30
Anyone know where the Tranny draws it's vacuum from to make shifts? I seem to have lost the shift to overdrive and suspect a vacuum problem. One minute working fine, then... Not. Thanks....Paul
 

sly dvl

Ya, it's got a Turbo
Re: Transmission Vacuum hose Origin and Insertion?

700R4 doesn't use vacuum. Uses a TV (Throttle Valve) cable off your throttle linkage.
You can adjust it easy enough but if it were out enough to cause no OD then the rest of your shift points would be way high.
 

paul30

paul30
Re: Transmission Vacuum hose Origin and Insertion?

Yes the shift points are high. I let off in low gear to create a shift situation or have to accelerate up for a firm shift. How do I adjust the TV assbly?.1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Reverse are working.Thanks....Paul
 

paul30

paul30
Re: Transmission Vacuum hose Origin and Insertion?

After trying the adjustment, I believe what I had was a click, then a snap. Assuming that the Trans. is in Park at this time, what may be the problem?? Thanks...Paul
 

sly dvl

Ya, it's got a Turbo
Re: Transmission Vacuum hose Origin and Insertion?

You don't even need the truck running for this adjustment so yes, it should be in park.
At WOT the TV cable (after adjustment) should be tight. After several cycles from idle to WOT (engine off) if the cable becomes slack then the ratchet mechanism is worn out.
Basically, if you grasp the cable sheathing where it goes into the D shaped button and you can move it in & out without depressing the D shaped button then the ratchet mech. is worn out. = needs a new cable.
 
Top