turbo upgrades help

cloneman315

Active member
ok guys my scyclone has 3 inch exhaust full msd 160 stat greddy bov atr ext cooler.It runs real real well now but of course not good enough lets try to break it right.I had a pit bull chip did not like it boost was not steady had to back off the gas, truck has cat no muffs.So the winter is here i want to get a stall converter and ultimate also turbo.What should i do i mean what turbo will work on the stock pipes and what gains will i get or should i change the downpipe?Please let me know on some choices guys thanks
 

InvisiBill

Active member
Re: turbo upgrades help

cloneman315 said:
I had a pit bull chip did not like it boost was not steady had to back off the gas, truck has cat no muffs.

That's due to the crappy integral wastegate. It's actually inadequate on the stock setup, and even worse with less backpressure from the exhaust. The PTE setup will kill two birds with one stone in that it has a (the only?) good integral wastegate.


smeagol said:
Get a scan tool first, IMO.

Yes. Big upgrades will require tuning. Proper tuning will require an accurate way of seeing exactly what's going on in your engine. It's hard to beat DataMaster...
 

Tooky

Serious about performance
What kind of ET/MPH are you turning right now? I'd be willing to bet you could run at least a half second faster without adding a turbo OR torque converter.. just tuning what you have.

I did.
 

Falco

Donating Member
Do what Brian said, get a scantool first. Second, NO cat and stock turbo/wg don't go hand in hand too well. Maybe if you loosen your WG rod, you won't get spikes, but the spool-up will be slow too. Third I'd get a 3 bar chip. If you corrected/done all of the above things, you should turn at least 13.0. Tune it if you don't, enjoy it for a while if you do and you can learn a lot of things in the meantime. This is the point when I'd start to think on turbo upgrades... Actually I did. :D

Peace,
 

cloneman315

Active member
turbo help

turbo help

i use a snap on scanner i have got knock down and it runs sweet so im open 4 ideas from here what comes with the pte setup how fast will it go with it
 
Top