Ty Diecast

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Okay, so Johnny Lightning and GMP won't make me one...I'lll make my own! :tup:

Sorry about these crappy photos...my POS camera can't get close ups.

The truck is not done...I'll be painting the wheels and changing the cladding to be less silvery. This is really a prototype...I'll be making more in future with better shells. Hard to find just the right donor truck...this one was from a 72 Blazer. Also, making friends with the bench grinder and putty. This is handpainted with a tiny Testors brush. What a PITA! :rotf:

The base truck is one of those horrible orange Syclones. You can see remnants of orange in the interior and the giant whitewalls that I turned around.

100_0790.jpg

100_0791.jpg

100_0792.jpg
 

5SpdTy

Member
Re: Ty Diecast

Ewwwww, a green one. Na just kiddin, looking good:tup: . Just got to bondo the cab and cap together.
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: Ty Diecast

5SpdTy said:
Ewwwww, a green one. Na just kiddin, looking good:tup: . Just got to bondo the cab and cap together.

Agree...next one will be seamless.

I recently picked up this JL because that cap looks exactly like a Typhoon. Plus, it's plastic and easily removed. However, it's too short for the Sy bed. Too bad, because the back has the hinges and handles just like a Typhoon.

100_0785.jpg
 

adam92

Active member
Re: Ty Diecast

Somebody has way to much time on their hands,you should be working on the real thing ;)
 
Top