Typhoon mad at me

92typhooner

New member
So last night I was headed to Tucson to pick up my dad at the airport. I stop at a gas station about 20 minutes from my house, the TY was running great. I get a drink and go to start the TY and it immediately starts running on missing, and it sounds like it has a nasty exhaust leak. The only thing that I did to the TY was took out the down pipe and put header wrap on it plus a new O2 sensor. Any idea where to begin.
 

turbodig

Active member
Re: Typhoon mad at me

So last night I was headed to Tucson to pick up my dad at the airport. I stop at a gas station about 20 minutes from my house, the TY was running great. I get a drink and go to start the TY and it immediately starts running on missing, and it sounds like it has a nasty exhaust leak. The only thing that I did to the TY was took out the down pipe and put header wrap on it plus a new O2 sensor. Any idea where to begin.

# 6 spark plug wire hitting downpipe?
 

NCTyphoon

New member
Re: Typhoon mad at me

Don't feel bad, my Ty is pissed at me as well, Has ran great since motor rebuild a few weeks ago. Washed it yesterday, headed out to take son to school and hear strange buzzing noise. A mile or so later ABS light comes on, then speedo goes wacky. Guess my dreaded DRAC/VSS problem has returned.
Clean your IAC and see if that helps
 

92typhooner

New member
Re: Typhoon mad at me

I checked the sparkplug wires before I put the fender wells in. So I will check them again. What I'm thinking is my girlfriend said I need to quit spending so much time with the TY and spend more time with her! YEAH RIGHT! LOL
 

i8av8

Donating Member
Re: Typhoon mad at me

i checked the sparkplug wires before i put the fender wells in. So i will check them again. What i'm thinking is my girlfriend said i need to quit spending so much time with the ty and spend more time with her! Yeah right! Lol

lmao!!!!!!!!!
 
Top