went for a long drive

gjp

another post whore
wife and I went out last night. I ended up going through a whole tank of gas. I went looking for races but only found a few guys willing. with my alky not working I had the boost set to 18lbs.
I first pulled next to a 70 chevelle. I reved it up. Nothing. Whimp.
A few hondas, acura's, mazda's......nothing
Then I get to a light, next to a nice new mustang. Had exhaust, wheels, nice black one. light turns green and nothing. At the next light he takes off slow at first and then stomps on it. I do to. I catch up and ride next to him till about 80mph. I thought I should have gained on him but I stayed right next to him. on a boost launch I would have had him but I was surprised. wounder if he was stock. He turned right away.
Still nothing and my wife was getting pissed. I pulled over on monterey highway. No one in sight. I boost to 9lbs and I let her rip up to over 120mph. I burried the spedo. She was laughing so hard I think she pissed herself. She said "shit, I could not get out of my seat!"
So I was getting on the freeway and I seen 2 hondas staging up going about 50mph. I get on it and by the time I was on the freeway they already took off. I stomped on it and flew by the one honda doing 80mph. I am working my way up to the other one. Spedo says 110 and wife is saying "faster, is that all you got". I again peg out the spedo and get right on the hondas ass. he gets over and shuts down. I do too as I see cars ahead.
Had a fun night. Truck was running good. took it downtown a few times to show off. people look, but I doubt they know what it is. I know its in the low 12's right now. 11's once I fix the alky and boost up. I am happy it is running. I put more miles on it the past 3 weeks then the first year I owned it.
Track is comming soon.
 

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks
Re: went for a long drive

gjp said:
wife and I went out last night.
Thats the best news of the story . Glad to see your guys are working on it .
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: went for a long drive

Good to hear you are working htings out with your wife, sorry you ddint get much action on the street.
 

gjp

another post whore
Re: went for a long drive

yes. We are trying to work things out. Father-in-law took the kids for the long weekend. We have been talking. Things look good.
 

EcSy#2671

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Re: went for a long drive

Rock on man! That is great news. Next time get a good kill. In took me almost 3 Months to get a good mustang kill.
 

SY1616

Donating Member
Re: went for a long drive

Been there done that, stay together...if nothing else, for the kids.
 

alwayscode390

pppssssshhhhhtttttttttttt
Re: went for a long drive

Congrats on working things out, and getting a good night of cruising in :) ---
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: went for a long drive

The day my wife goes out racing with me will be the same day the 25 year-old Swedish au pair starts work. (read: cold day in hell) :roll:
 

gjp

another post whore
Re: went for a long drive

its hard to be together for the kids when all they see is fighting. We are slowly working things out. Taking it slow but at least we are sleeping in the same bed again :D
Talking to my friend and he showed me the wheels the new saleens have. It looks like the ones on the stang i raced. Not sure if it was GT or what. It was too dark to tell. Wife loves the speed. She cant get enough of it. Hell she knows more about cars then 75% of men out there. She is going to get a charger srt-8 next summer. (her choice)
 
Top