Will these heads fit my Ty?

live1053rulz

Nor Cal SyTy
So I'm hoping somebody can help me (or direct me to someone who can help me) figure out if these heads will fit on the Ty with the stock intake manifold/exhaust with no problems. My Dads racing buddy has these old (1991ish?) aluminum racing heads that he thought might fit on my truck. They're totally ported and have titanium valves, they're pretty trick. I got some numbers off of them that I'm hoping somebody knows the meaning of. First number (biggest): 14011053. Second number (on the end of the head): Hogan 3932-A. Third number (on the other end of the head): HHS 3795. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys,
Steven
 

Captain Morgan

Moderated User
Re: Will these heads fit my Ty?

I just sold a pair of those on eBay 2 months ago to someone out in Cali (Pictures)

they will bolt up just fine, however you're going to need headers that are made for angled plug heads (stock manifolds will NOT work) and I was never able to CC the combustion chambers on mine, but they could be just a hair smaller than stock so that might play havoc on the boost/knock situation.
 

live1053rulz

Nor Cal SyTy
Re: Will these heads fit my Ty?

ahh, ok cool. so im guessing finding CARB approved headers thatll pass smog in California will be next to impossible? or should i just hope to find a tech that doesnt care/notice the headers?
 

ghettosled

SYTY SUPERSTORE
Re: Will these heads fit my Ty?

I think finding headers for the syty period at this point will be next to impossible.. plan to spend some money to make them work.. not the simple bolt on you were hoping for..
 
Top