Coil Overs?

Mephisto

These trucks are cursed
I like the JSM kit for the most part...

For me, i ran into some install issues where I had to cut/grind a few more spots of the frame for clearance that weren't called out in the directions... which was a bit of a pain in the ass because there was no way of knowing this until i had everything installed.

One other thing that I ran into is with the sway bar mount on the drivers side. The holes for the mount are drilled and tapped right underneath one of the supports for the a-arm. So when you go to reinstall the sway bar mount the bolt is too long and hits the support and you can't tighten it down all the way... of course I figured out this problem AFTER I stripped the threads in the A-arm. It's also a bitch to find a shorter replacement bolt to make this work because the head of the bolt has to be quite a bit smaller than most anything you'd find at a local hardware/auto parts store. Even now, my front sway bar clunks when I turn or even put the truck in D.

The weird thing is that I didn't have this issue on the passenger side and if the A-arms are exactly the same just mirrored, I don't know why I would've had this issue. I haven't seen anyone else post a similar problem, unless i got a fluke A-arm that wasn't made right.

Apparently ALL of the kits have their flaws... you just have to pick which ones you're willing to deal with.

Awds10

I like the JSM kit for the most part...

For me, i ran into some install issues where I had to cut/grind a few more spots of the frame for clearance that weren't called out in the directions... which was a bit of a pain in the ass because there was no way of knowing this until i had everything installed.

One other thing that I ran into is with the sway bar mount on the drivers side. The holes for the mount are drilled and tapped right underneath one of the supports for the a-arm. So when you go to reinstall the sway bar mount the bolt is too long and hits the support and you can't tighten it down all the way... of course I figured out this problem AFTER I stripped the threads in the A-arm. It's also a bitch to find a shorter replacement bolt to make this work because the head of the bolt has to be quite a bit smaller than most anything you'd find at a local hardware/auto parts store. Even now, my front sway bar clunks when I turn or even put the truck in D.

The weird thing is that I didn't have this issue on the passenger side and if the A-arms are exactly the same just mirrored, I don't know why I would've had this issue. I haven't seen anyone else post a similar problem, unless i got a fluke A-arm that wasn't made right.

Apparently ALL of the kits have their flaws... you just have to pick which ones you're willing to deal with.
Do you have installation instructions for the JSM kit? I got my hands on one but I think I may be missing some items. Impossible to tell without knowing what I should have. Do you have good pictures of yours installed?

TYinUReye

So I take it that JSM no longer exists? I been looking for a 4 link set up and only found one thats really pricy. Any leads or ideas would be very appreciated.

Sy2622

Thorbros has good quality kits for s10/sonomas.
I’m planning to do their 100% bolt on 3 link before the summer.

TYinUReye

@gmemony2: Yeah the Ridetech is the one I saw. I saw the JSM set up like 2-3 years ago, and I feel so stupid for not pulling the trigger back then. that set up was awesome. As far as the SM goes i think they only have the front available. That rear coil over set up is what I was ultimately aiming for =(

gmemony2

@gmemony2: Yeah the Ridetech is the one I saw. I saw the JSM set up like 2-3 years ago, and I feel so stupid for not pulling the trigger back then. that set up was awesome. As far as the SM goes i think they only have the front available. That rear coil over set up is what I was ultimately aiming for =(
SM doesn't post it, but some other owners keep mentioning they do in fact sell something. I have yet to see anyone with one or any pictures. Maybe they bought the plans from JSM or something.
@Sy2622 I forgot about Thorbros. Post up some pics and a build thread if you can. I'd be interested to see how it fits and looks.