Event Naming

Sportmachines

The main event is Carlisle Truck Nationals, but since we have a feature area and specific section for just SyTy's, we thought having our own event name would be nice. So this thread will serve as a suggestion and survey thread for the name.

So far some of the suggested names for our meet are:

SyTys@Carlisle

SYTY Rendevous

The SYTY Nor’Easter at Carlisle

If you have a name suggestion, or want to "vote" for one of the above, please post. Thanks!

blue83z

Donating Member
Re: Event Naming

I like "syty's at Carlisle" just for consistency with other shows. corvette in particular. Makes it sound like a big deal

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY

Since we'll already "be" at Carlisle, my first thought is that it doesn't need to be in the title. plus might conflict with main event name. idk. :dunno:

So, if you think of it as being an "area" of the event, some ideas might be:

The Storm Paddock

The Wind Tunnel

The Weather Room

SyTy Section (20 years of dominant performance)

Legends Only

Sportmachines

...to some of these, adding the subtitle would help, like:

"Legends Only - Syclone and Typhoons at the Carlisle Truck Nationals"

just thinking out loud here...

ziembic

Donating Member

as long as it doesn't sound like we are named that because we are good at blowing smoke.

TNPhoon

1of28

Since we'll already "be" at Carlisle, my first thought is that it doesn't need to be in the title. plus might conflict with main event name. idk. :dunno:

So, if you think of it as being an "area" of the event, some ideas might be:

I like this. :tup:

Severe Storm Center

Tropical Storm Central

blah blah blah

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY

as long as it doesn't sound like we are named that because we are good at blowing smoke.

Blown Bricks ...is not bad.

Though "blown" could mean turbo...or it could mean "blown engine"...both appropriate. :cool:

Or in keeping with the "area" name:

Blown Brickyard

Outside of that, I would avoid the words blow, blown, blowing, etc.

How 'bout...

WIND BEATERS

(double meaning here)

vinnieTy

TY # 1889

That wind things everyone is talking about is horrible. I laughed my ass off on captains response but of course that's not going to work. We all know these trucks live in jack stands but let's keep that comment to ourselves. No need to advertise that they always need to be worked on.