New to the site, but looking for my old Syclone 1182

GC6669

Hello All, new to the site but bought a Syclone new back in the day. After moving a few times and going through boxes, I found some documents and pictures. Curious to know if anyone here owns Syclone 1182? I have done a VIN search to find it located in Florida. Attached are what I have found and some more.Syclone1.jpgSyclone2.jpgSyclone4.jpgSyclone7.jpgSyclone5.jpg
Thanks, Georg

Slyclone

Nice. Always wanted a window sticker. If you cant locate owner what's your plan for the items?

I briefly searched with no results.

GC6669

Well, I’m hoping to find the Syclone in the same circumstances as another car I owned: in good condition and for sale.

I’m sorry to tell you, but I will put these items with my other car documents, pictures and parts.

I hated the fact that I had to sell it after only a few years ownership. Right now these are all I have left, with my memories.

GC6669

Wow! My search was way off.

Is this member a regular here? I’d love to see a picture and maybe details about it.

Thank you much

Goodgollyjosh

This is him below at his youtube channel. He hasn't posted anything on there in like 4 years. Not sure what happened to him but he held the awd V6 record for a while if I remember correctly.

GC6669

Well, looking at the truck I see two things I did to mine, that any one could have. I changed the GMC letters on the grill to black ones and I removed the “GMC truck” off of the tailgate. The mirrors are removed, I had installed the power mirrors from a Typhoon and the door handle and lock escutcheons from a Typhoon are not on this one, I put them on as well. I put a sliding rear window in, this one could have been changed. I can’t see anything else I remember and it has had some work done to it.

The VIN would be the missing clue.

Thank you for posting these videos.

Sy644

DEAF Syclone
Well, looking at the truck I see two things I did to mine, that any one could have. I changed the GMC letters on the grill to black ones and I removed the “GMC truck” off of the tailgate. The mirrors are removed, I had installed the power mirrors from a Typhoon and the door handle and lock escutcheons from a Typhoon are not on this one, I put them on as well. I put a sliding rear window in, this one could have been changed. I can’t see anything else I remember and it has had some work done to it.

The VIN would be the missing clue.

Thank you for posting these videos.
He is same guy that have 2 more Syclone. This one is fastest bowtie. Another 2 Syclone, that’s possibly?

GC6669

Hello All,

I stayed up late last night to see what I could find out about his Syclones.

There is a pre-mod picture with 2 Syclones and a Typhoon. I don’t think either is my old 1182 due to a couple details, picture is not the best due to lighting.

The 8+ second Syclone is #2385, for the records. It took some digging and looking at pictures and videos plus a website. I loved seeing his all wheel drive smoke show!

I could not locate info on the other 2 Syclones, one modded and the other fairly stock, per the thread conversations. Neither one appears to be registered at the time.

I sent him a message to open up a communication channel, I hope he responds.

tomster

I checked the VINs on some Sys I found (formerly) registered in Sweden.

#2781 seems to be in Norway currently for sale, but no trace of #1182...
At least there haven't been any Sy's leaving Sweden for export or being scrapped since 01/2016.