Official Awards Results

Captain Morgan

Moderated User
3802403171_36ceef4ecb.jpg

Racing Classes

Pure Stock - 1st Place - David Kress (92TYPHOON937) Representing; NASTE
Pure Stock - 2nd Place - Christina Keller

Stock Turbo - 1st Place - Jeremy Duncan (Six-is-Enough) Representing; JSM Crew
Stock Turbo - 2nd Place - Wade Segrest (93 TY 2185)

Super Stock - 1st Place - Troy Calhoon (SuperStockChamp03)
Super Stock - 2nd Place - Josh Kimmell (sy2639)

Top Stock - 1st Place - Frank Deninno (autoaddictions) Representing; NASTE
Top Stock - 2nd Place - Michael Carchidi (Big Mike) Representing; NASTE

Pro Stock - 1st Place - Mark Shaefer (Maxtor)
Pro Stock - 2nd Place - N/A

Outlaw SyTy - 1st Place - Tom Joy (Try Me) Representing; NASTE
Outlaw SyTy - 2nd Place - Jeff Scott (TwinTurboV8Ty) Representing; JSM Crew

Rental/Tow - 1st Place - Adam Kane (sy381) Representing; NASTE
Rental/Tow - 2nd Place - Paul Goodhue Representing; NASTE

SyTy Brackets - Winner - Jeremy Duncan (Six-is-Enough) Representing; JSM Crew

SyTy Auto X Stock - Winner - 37.46 - Ryan Wheeler (wheels) Representing; NASTE
SyTy Auto X Modified - Winner - 36.17 - Ian Turgeon (SyTyArchives) Representing; F.A.S.T.
SyTy Auto X Tow/Rental - Winner - 35.80 - WIll Robbins Representing; JSM Crew

People Choice / Special Trophies

Best Reaction Time - .002 - Jeremy Duncan (Six-is-Enough) Representing; JSM Crew

Best 60' Time Stock 1.68 - Jeremy Duncan (Six-is-Enough) Representing; JSM Crew

Best 60' Time Modified 1.65 - Jeff Scott (TwinTurboV8Ty) Representing; JSM Crew

Best Sound System - Peter Albrecht (Peter)

Best Paint - Rich Self (sy2675)

Detail King - Frank Deninno (autoaddications) Representing; NASTE

Motley Driver - Adam Joadwine (QWERTYphoon)

Broken Truck Award - Mike King (MRKING) Representing; FAST

Longest Distance Traveled - Dave Perry (DaveP)

Best of Show - John Gerber (WindedV6)

David "Myclone" Welch - Most Innovative Mod Award - Mark Christofferson (sy2206)

King of Nationals 11 - Tom Joy (Try Me) Representing; NASTE

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: Official Awards Results

did anyone get a pic of the awards table before we started handing them out? Would be nice to show everyone how they looked!

sy2206

Here's a pict of mine...

For future events, I REALLY like the trophies you guys made this year. These are MUCH cooler then getting a $10 plastic trophy from a hobby or trophy shop. I hope they're something unique like this every year... :)

Last edited:

sytyguy

Moderated User

We actually remembered that Ian was modified suspension, so Eric gave Ian his trophy and Ian gave his to the runner-up in stock (or so we thought at that time), Ryan Wheeler (wheels), with a 37.46 (Video). That made Adam Ribakoff the runner-up in stock with a 37.50.

Kudos to Eric for giving up his trophy, but when you win a set of wheels, you probably start to feel pretty giving.

Captain Morgan

Moderated User

We actually remembered that Ian was modified suspension, so Eric gave Ian his trophy and Ian gave his to the runner-up in stock (or so we thought at that time), Ryan Wheeler (wheels), with a 37.46 (Video). That made Adam Ribakoff the runner-up in stock with a 37.50.

Kudos to Eric for giving up his trophy, but when you win a set of wheels, you probably start to feel pretty giving.

made the adjustments above and added the Pro Stock winner as well :tup:

QWERTYphoon

Motley Driver Award 2009

F.Y.I. I ran a 36.7 in modified suspension. The trophies this year were awesome.

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013

I just like to be honest..

Ian beat me in modified suspension

So yeah..
Wheels = Stock suspension winner
sytyarchives = Modified suspension winner

Smaug = modified suspension 3rd place and winner of a nice set of rims. :D

oh yeah, as usual NASTE is representing STONG

MRS HARMON

did anyone get a pic of the awards table before we started handing them out? Would be nice to show everyone how they looked!

there are a couple of them actually, you can go find them took me forever to look at all the pics! Great job BTW, I only have one piece of advice....... delegate more!:rotf:

MikeRenz

not stock

I only have one piece of advice....... delegate more!:rotf:
once we got to NATS i realized we never once discussed who would do what AT the event. :lol: so i tried to run around and do as many of the random small things that came up rather than just pawn everything off. I was basically hoping everyone would get to enjoy the NATS experience instead of just working at NATS. I hope that worked out at least. I had fun myself but didn't look at any trucks. I really wanted to eyeball jhacking's truck since i'm sure there are some fine details to be seen on it that i have no idea are on it. Oh well, i'm sure i'll get to see that truck again sometime. And i didn't get to chat with anyone really. That's tough for me too since i typically will talk an ear off. :lol:

MRS HARMON

once we got to NATS i realized we never once discussed who would do what AT the event. :lol: so i tried to run around and do as many of the random small things that came up rather than just pawn everything off. I was basically hoping everyone would get to enjoy the NATS experience instead of just working at NATS. I hope that worked out at least. I had fun myself but didn't look at any trucks. I really wanted to eyeball jhacking's truck since i'm sure there are some fine details to be seen on it that i have no idea are on it. Oh well, i'm sure i'll get to see that truck again sometime. And i didn't get to chat with anyone really. That's tough for me too since i typically will talk an ear off. :lol:

well with some experience under our belts (virgins) i dont think you would have a problem getting some help, enough people involved means more free time for everyone...... the most time i spent with ya was when "you were'nt sleeping" and the awards lol, we all saw the hard work!

92TYPHOON937

maybe i'll get two trophies next year for racing i'm putting a clutch in the dodge as soon as i get some money i think it could out run my ty if it wouldnt slip at all

Try Me

The trophies were awesome, great job on those!

And since its not shown in the first pic, and I just cant get enough of looking at it ...

crowncloseup.jpg

That crown still blows my mind. When Morgan told me there was a crown i was thinking a Burger King cardboard crown with some sharpe writing on it!

Ian Turgeon

Cascading Inspiration

I like this pic because I hadn't intended to race it. Well, I beat the hell out of it at the track and still made it home fine :)

Thanks guys, had a blast. I quickly talked to Ryan after I found out there were awards for the autoX (I don't think many of us knew). Since we knew he was the fastest with stock suspension, I think he was excited.

Then there was a little confusion when Eric and I were awarded trophies, Ryan was puzzled, I couldn't figure out how I won stock suspension (coil overs, zq8, swaybar). So Eric offered up his trophy to me, so that I could give mine to Ryan. I guess it worked itself out thanks to everyone being pretty understanding.

Ian Turgeon

Cascading Inspiration

That crown still blows my mind. When Morgan told me there was a crown i was thinking a Burger King cardboard crown with some sharpe writing on it!

I know, that thing rules! Especially since its probably pretty dangerous to wear.

MikeRenz

not stock

I know, that thing rules! Especially since its probably pretty dangerous to wear.

it's 304 stainless. :tup: It was another complimentary RenzFab item. :lol:

I deburred it, sanded it, brushed it....but left the edges sharp - especially the crosses on the top...those are the painful ones, trust me i know. :rotf:

Maxtor

I wish I could have made the awards ceremony, I had a flight leaving early Sunday and had to get home after the track on Saturday to get ready.

Thanks a bunch to the organizers for naming me the pro stock winner, that was very kind. It would be a little more satisfying to win if I had someone competing against me but still very cool. :p It was a busy spring with the truck and it really felt good to pull some respectable times under those conditions and see some of the work pay off.