ProtoTy Project

Chug

That Guy With the "Jimmy"
Re: ProtoTy Project

did you just pick up a full blazer Xtreme body kit off Ebay from S10warehouse? I've been watching it til I had the money and now it's gone.

no not yet, have to spend money elseware on the truck before I get to the exterior

Chug

Thanks, I didn't expect this to be as welcomed as it has been. Thank You everyone who has some intrest in this build!!

Chug

IMG00002-20100627-2025.jpg

Just a small update: Sand blasting the control arms and painting. Original on the right, blasted and primed center, painted and cleared on the left.

mutant-x

I'm doing something similar and building a 6.0L AWD 2 door 96 blazer. should be 400-450hp when done.

Chug

Acuasitions for July/Aug

I found this dash in a 97 S-10 PickUp for the total cost of one front diff out of the 95 (can't use it its 4wd not AWD)
IMG00027-20100822-0913.jpg

IMG00026-20100822-0912.jpg

Last bit of work so far, just need more paint for the torsion bars then I have to get to the Spindals and front brakes and new ball joints.

IMG00028-20100822-0913.jpg

Chug

Well I finally got off my ass and got some pics uploaded
I'm currently in another delay, seems that I do not have a right caliper and bracket :(

100_0999.jpg

100_1000.jpg

Chug

Acquisition's for December January

A couple of leather door panels but I do need to get a a better passenger side panel
IMG00084-20110123-2158.jpg

The Caliper that I was missing and a hydroboost system
IMG00083-20110123-2157.jpg

All of this for a grand total of $40 at the all you can carry Sat Am pick a part.

SY2455

70's Veteran

I have a question for you gurus!!!! I want to change all the bushings in the chassis with Energy Suspension but I can't find any information anywhere for the bushings for the front diff. Do any of you guys/gals have a part number for those??

Did you get anywhere on this? If not this may help you. The Energy Suspension part # for the Syclone is as listed on the box. Group 3.1105G 03639 27646

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=3.1105

The page states that it only fits 1983 thru 1987, but when I talk to them on the phone, the rep stated it shows those date because they added them to the line-up in 1987 and never updated the listing. I would call them and ask if they will fit your app.

The other route that you can go is this way, but you will need to take the meaurements yourself and order the right 1.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/Energy-Suspension-Universal-Link-Flange-Type-Bushings.asp

BowtieLady

Subscribed this looks like it could be a neat little project. Interested to see where u go with the exterior.

Chug

Thanks for that info!!! I'm waiting on warmer weather to get back into the truck, paint don't stick too good when its cold. I'm planning to dissassemble the TY once it gets warm then I plan to get into those bushings and call ES to get some more info. I am wondering if I need to put the CVs in to put it back on its wheels, ie: are the berrings going to fall apart while I'm pushing this thing in and out of the garage? They are 99 Envoy berrings.

Did you get anywhere on this? If not this may help you. The Energy Suspension part # for the Syclone is as listed on the box. Group 3.1105G 03639 27646

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=3.1105

The page states that it only fits 1983 thru 1987, but when I talk to them on the phone, the rep stated it shows those date because they added them to the line-up in 1987 and never updated the listing. I would call them and ask if they will fit your app.

The other route that you can go is this way, but you will need to take the meaurements yourself and order the right 1.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/Energy-Suspension-Universal-Link-Flange-Type-Bushings.asp

SY2455

70's Veteran

Thanks for that info!!! I'm waiting on warmer weather to get back into the truck, paint don't stick too good when its cold. I'm planning to dissassemble the TY once it gets warm then I plan to get into those bushings and call ES to get some more info. I am wondering if I need to put the CVs in to put it back on its wheels, ie: are the berrings going to fall apart while I'm pushing this thing in and out of the garage? They are 99 Envoy berrings.

It is my understanding that you need at least the short shaft / or what the parts book calls the Race C.V.Joint outer installed to move it around with the axle nut tighten to torque.

Chug

Thats kind of what I figured, I had a Fiero without the axles in it and the bearings fell apart while pushing it around. I just didn't want that to happen while I was pushing it around here

Chug

Here are the acquisition's for February and March.
100_1095.jpg

A set of Axel's, some 1"-3" drop keys and finally completed the paint on the calipers and brackets (not pictured is an Energy Suspension sway bar mounting kit)

100_1097.jpg

Finally got the Drivers side mounted

100_1096.jpg

finished up some small things on the Passenger side

100_1098.jpg

Full Shot!!

STAY TUNED!!

Chug

The 93 Typhoon has finally started giving up some parts. Starting with the Front Diff!!!
100_1099.jpg

Also got'er some new motor mounts
100_1100.jpg

And stole the wheels off the Typhoon
100_1101.jpg

Now I have to order some poly bushings for the front diff mounts and get it in the 95 and it will be able to roll once again!!!

Chug

100_1104.jpg

Time to break it down!!

100_1105.jpg

100_1107.jpg

That isnt a shadow inside the case, it is the line where the gear oil was at. I'm thinking that this truck has spent some time sitting.

100_1106.jpg

The ring and pinion looks awesome, I dont think that there is 150,000 on this unit.

Chug

100_1108.jpg

Changed the carrier bushings, still have to change the ones in the diff case once the thing is back together.

100_1110.jpg

Hoping for this kind of stance when its done!!!