Upper intercooler needed

I hate to do this, but I have to recommend against any member ordering from Radiator Technologies, the vendor identified in this thread. I pre-paid for one of these custom units and shipped my old one to be used as a reference. I did receive a confirmation of payment and that my original had arrived. That was seven weeks ago. I knew it would not be a quick turn-around, but after a month I started to reach out for an update. In three weeks, with multiple calls, text and FB messages, I have gotten one response (10 days ago) that I would get a call soon.

It may well be that they are super busy, and when(if) I get the new unit, I will remove/edit this. I am not too concerned about the prepayment, but even a leaky original is better than nothing forcing a truck to be parked and undrivable...

I wanted a couple tweaks to the design, but they said even without those they would prefer to have one for comparison. The request did not seem super unreasonable, and the original had leak, so it was not really a good idea to keep using it. I want to be clear that I am not accusing them of anything other than poor communications, but that is enough to advise caution...

gmemony2

I found a local shop that says they can make one of these for me. I just haven't gotten down there with my spare to see exactly what they want to charge.

Report back when you find out. My truck, which was my daily driver, has been parked since the end of April. I know there was another shop in the Pacific Northwest that has done at least one, but they too need an original to compare against...

Jay92Ty

Donating Member
That intercooler looks amazing!
...Dan_Austin that really sucks that you cant even drive your truck because of it. Not sure where your located ( for shipping) but I have one you can borrow for the time being if you need to? Its on a fully assembled engine that I have in my garage. I wont sell it cause I need it :) ....but your more than welcome to use it so you can drive your truck, until you get the one you ordered.

I very much appreciate the offer, but I am good. I bought a new car to be my daily (and as a birthday present to myself). I had a couple play cars that I could have used, but they are less practical than the Typhoon, and now the Typhoon will be demoted to play-car status.

I had avoided going scorched earth, but I gave in today and call the Sheriff in the sellers county. Within 20 minutes they had a deputy onsite, they found the owner. At first they tried to argue that they were not paid, but I have a text from them and the Zelle confirmation. The owner would not speak to me, but told the deputy that I would be getting a full refund and my original unit returned. I would still have been happy to get the new unit, but that was not offered. I'll give it a few days to see if I they follow through. If not there is a case number and a report on file. It is a bummer that it played out this way, I suspect a few happy customers on here would have made for a fair bit of business for them.

gmemony2

Dan_Austin, do you know the shop in PNW. Im in Seattle so could talk to them too. The place I finally found after a lot of searching is in Tacoma, outside of Seattle.

I dug out my notes and gave them a call yesterday. Turns out I was a bit misinformed. I had found a photo of custom SyTy intercooler on a site that sells intercooler cores and universal units. The sent me the contact details for the shop that did the work, and I filed it for the future. Turns out it was a heavily modified universal unit and will not fit a truck with A/C. It also turned out the owners of that shop are members here, and aware of the thread, so if they did make these, we'd know.

When you follow up with the shop you found, it might be worth asking if an order for multiple units at the same time would be motivating. I am at a point that paying for several to have spares or items to sell to other members at cost would be worth it to me.