Air box

turboj91

New member
Re: Air box

There is a Sy with a fabricated air box, with the K&N inside the box and the box is mounted under the battery. The truck was at Nats 11. Nice clean job. Hard to spot. The box took air from under the truck somewhere??? I have thought of this idea for years including making a small under the bumper scoop (like the GN guys) for the air inlet to the box.

Maybe the Nats 11 attendee could post some pics? please.

Lastly, has it not been proven that removing the stock air box and installing an open cone K&N does not provide any performance gain? (leaving the stock cross over tube in place). Not worth it IMO as the end of the cross over is more likely to break from the weight of the K&N hanging without support, then the turbo gets hungry and eats the broken piece and then...

So I guess, either leave the stock box or have everything on the right side (whatever setup floats your boat).

p.s. How many of Ken's boxes can 60 people move in 1 hour?

p.s.s. Is there going to be an actual former PAS assembly employee at Homecoming? or do we at least know one. Would love to talk to one of those guys.
 

Typhoon #2131

SAVE THE TA-TAS
Re: Air box

There is a Sy with a fabricated air box, with the K&N inside the box and the box is mounted under the battery. The truck was at Nats 11. Nice clean job. Hard to spot. The box took air from under the truck somewhere??? I have thought of this idea for years including making a small under the bumper scoop (like the GN guys) for the air inlet to the box.

Maybe the Nats 11 attendee could post some pics? please.

Lastly, has it not been proven that removing the stock air box and installing an open cone K&N does not provide any performance gain? (leaving the stock cross over tube in place). Not worth it IMO as the end of the cross over is more likely to break from the weight of the K&N hanging without support, then the turbo gets hungry and eats the broken piece and then...

So I guess, either leave the stock box or have everything on the right side (whatever setup floats your boat).

p.s. How many of Ken's boxes can 60 people move in 1 hour?

p.s.s. Is there going to be an actual former PAS assembly employee at Homecoming? or do we at least know one. Would love to talk to one of those guys.

Well Mine sure feels like it gain power after I put the cone on the stock cross tube. It is just a temp. until I can get something made to work on the right side. I'm also thinking of figuring a way to get it under the battery.
 

warmpancakes

New member
Re: Air box

p.s. How many of Ken's boxes can 60 people move in 1 hour?

p.s.s. Is there going to be an actual former PAS assembly employee at Homecoming? or do we at least know one. Would love to talk to one of those guys.

it would be sweet to have like 20 syclones move boxes for me,:rotf: as far as PAS guys many have been invited but who knows they have neither confirmed or denied it :squint:
 

powercat6

Active member
Re: Air box

There is a Sy with a fabricated air box, with the K&N inside the box and the box is mounted under the battery. The truck was at Nats 11. Nice clean job. Hard to spot. The box took air from under the truck somewhere???

I think the Mexi Ty had this done to it, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe Adam or the current owner could chime in.
 

13Pelle

Active member
Re: Air box

Well Mine sure feels like it gain power after I put the cone on the stock cross tube. It is just a temp. until I can get something made to work on the right side. I'm also thinking of figuring a way to get it under the battery.

Well your crazy if you think the stock setup is in any way restrictive or limiting....;) The setup you are running now was what was on my truck when I bought it. I felt noticeable power gains when I removed the stock crossover tube and loss when I put it back on for "test" purposes. There are plenty of options that you can do that will make improvements to you intake setup.

....but we all don't know what we are saying, stock setup is the only way to go. :roll:
 

Typhoon #2131

SAVE THE TA-TAS
Re: Air box

Well your crazy if you think the stock setup is in any way restrictive or limiting....;) The setup you are running now was what was on my truck when I bought it. I felt noticeable power gains when I removed the stock crossover tube and loss when I put it back on for "test" purposes. There are plenty of options that you can do that will make improvements to you intake setup.

....but we all don't know what we are saying, stock setup is the only way to go. :roll:

Yeah I need to junk the tube. Taking the stock air box off did help a little though. :)
 
Top