Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

overboost

New member
Panama City Car Show
So no TY's there but I did find SY315.
It's the one I see towing a car all around town. This was the first time I got to talk to him.
SY.JPG

SYbroke.JPG
:squint:
SYvinnumber.JPG

So he tells me that this is his work SY and he has 7 more at his stereo shop.
All of them are in better shape then this one. He then goes on to tell me that two of them are for the track, one that runs in the 8's 2wd and one that has 7k miles on it and runs 9's AWD. He tells me that two are back to back numbers. He also said that the two track SY's run Bowtie blocks but no 4bolt main. He said that it weakens the block. SO.....I some what think that this guy is full of sh*t but I have been told by around 5 people that live here that this guy does have all these SY's. I think I am going to have to do some investigating on this one. I will let the board know when I find out if this is true! and if it is I will take lots of pics. :tup:

I also found some new seats for the TY what do you think?
seats1.JPG

and here is my wife wanting me to buy this truck.
wifetruck1.JPG
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

Craptacular! :screwy:

Maybe he does have a bunch of them,but that's no excuse for letting #315 go to shit.

Let us know what ya find.
 

Tydriver

TurboLS6 Powa'
Re: Car Show, Found SY315!

Re: Car Show, Found SY315!

overboost said:
I also found some new seats for the TY what do you think?
seats1.JPG

Now those are the ULTIMATE "FAT MAN" SEATS !!
 

Try Me

New member
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

Is that really your wife? She is smokin! i had to look at the picture twice to see a truck at all ;) .

There is a sy that runs around where i live that is similar to that one. its ALWAYS dirty, its got altezza tailights and a custom tag that says "dargoon" or something close. I would love to catch up to him in mine and see what his story is.

And yes, those seats there are kick-ass! Who needs a roll cage when youve got all of that padding :)
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

Try Me said:
Is that really your wife? She is smokin! i had to look at the picture twice to see a truck at all ;)

Good thing I wasnt the only one who did a double take. :lol:
 

Seankanzig

New member
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

That's depressing, to see one of these great trucks being abused like that.

Sean
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

Ive heard the same thing about the 4 bbolt mains. My machine shop showed me a few 4bold 350 blocks that had cracked where the outer bolts go. I also think its hard not to go with it cause I like most people tend to think the more bolts the better. I guess I can say that is also not true cause my TY has 1/2 the bolts it did when I bought it and it seems to hold together well. I plan on not getting 4bolt at all with my block. I trust my machine shop as they have done many engines for me and heavily into racing. I want those seats but they would probably get me killed.

Mike
 

DanenGraham

Big in the rear
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

I would think about not 4-bolting your block. Most of the 2bolt main block trucks dont last very long after they get into the 11's and lower. If your wanting to go crazy 4bolt is the only way with the V6.
 

0966Sy

Code what?
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

Im going to have to call bs on that guy's story with all the Sy's. He might have 7, but i highly doubt in the condition and speed he speaks of. Look again, he's towing an old school honda behind his beat up Syclone to a car show.
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

So would going to a 6 bolt block be just as bad?

The only problems I've heard with cracking is when someone ever tq's them. :dunno:
 

supersports10

New member
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

WTF!!....WTF...WTFMF!!!!:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

a sy hauling a honda!!! screw this guy!

didn't he see the DO NOT TOW (a honda) WITH THIS VEHIECLE STICKER??

or the "500 lbs payload capicity?????"

i really wanna take all the sy's away from this guy, for driving 1, if not more sy's into the ground.

arghhhh!!

dont get me wrong, a couple jet skis, or a small boat is ok, (get some helper springs)

but it looks like the rear tires are rubbing on the cladding as it is!!

:2cents:

SS:tdown:
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

interesting...

for as long as FAST has been around and as much as we advertise, ive never heard of this guy or 7 trucks.

if it is true, id like to get his info to contact him. his number of trucks would push the number past 150 for the known trucks in FL.

somehow though, me thinks its a load.... people who own 7 sec RWD and 9 sec AWD trucks dont tend to stay keep to themselves...people talk. Ive never heard a whisper.
 

TurboManiacal

Donating Member
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

SYO237 said:
interesting...

for as long as FAST has been around and as much as we advertise, ive never heard of this guy or 7 trucks.

if it is true, id like to get his info to contact him. his number of trucks would push the number past 150 for the known trucks in FL.

somehow though, me thinks its a load.... people who own 7 sec RWD and 9 sec AWD trucks dont tend to stay keep to themselves...people talk. Ive never heard a whisper.

I was waiting for you to pipe up.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

HAHA, this is tooooo funny. I don't know of any man that would show two complete pieces of junk and yet have a reserve of 6 more Sy's, ALL of which are alledgedly better than the one he is showing!!! I mean, you did write this was at a car show, didn't you?? This moron needs to be drug tested quick. I've talked to kids during my military career that always had a nicer faster vehicle than me (and I have had some beauty's) but it notoriously was back home in their parents garage on blocks or something. This guys story is like Deja Vue. My vote is cast with the majority on this thread.......Strike one up for the pooper scooper :).
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

I have met some of the some biggest BS'ers at car show (especially when it come to ET and Hp) When it comes to 4 bolts, he probably mixed up that the 4 block SBC block is typically weaker than a 2 bolt SBC block with splayed 4 bolt mains. Their is no way a 7 sec 4.3 is running 2 bolt mains, that is more than 1200hp (I supose it could be a V8 bowtie block). You can get away with 2 bolt mains on 500hp V8's not with well over 1000Hp+ 4.3's

If he does have mutiple Sy's, you will probably find that he exagerrated a little.
 

fiveoh

Enforcing traffic laws
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

that is my type of sy i would be looking for to get back into shape. I dont know about show quality but it would atleast be presentable. if you see it for sale let me know. id be interested. my beater cars all looked nicer than this sy.......it makes me sick.
 

Nasariobv

New member
Re: Car Show Found a SY315! not*56k*

dude should be shot for towing a pos civic to a car show and letting the sy go to shit.....he probaly got the syclone and didnt know what it was did a little bit of research on syty.net and didnt register cause he didnt want to get shit from us........I say if you a have sy or ty you should be registered on syty.net.

They deserve better.......meaning the sy ty *uck the owners.
 
Top