My first slow trips down the quarter

Jersey 91/93

NASTE Member
Re: My first slow trips down the quarter

alwayscode390 said:
What are your mods, are you COMPLETELY stock?! I am going for my first time to the track tomorrow night .... with a STOCK truck and hope to GOD I dont pull 15 second 1/4's .... my buddy with the 05' GTO will be laughing his butt off....right now I cant even get him to race me!!! ---

Yeah, I'm almost completely stock. I have an upgraded IC pump that's hotwired. Everything else mechanical is bone stock.

Jimmy: I'm not going to run it again until I can get a DM reading on it. Smaug's been in this thread a few times... do you still have that freakin' laptop for me to buy or what?

Mike and Jim: I'm not really pushing through the brakes. She just leans forward about 1/2" or so when I build up boost and then stays put until I let off either the throttle or the brakes. Unfortunately that 1/2" or so was far enough to turn off the Pre-Stage light during runs 3 and 4. I'm 98% sure that I'm not leaking any break fluid from either end of the truck.
 

Flyin Ryan

hated cuz he drives fords
Re: My first slow trips down the quarter

Tim I would hookup with a naste member that has dm so you can see how much timing is being pulled due to knock or false knock because like everyone said.. your missing power somewhere.

When I first took my sy to the track (gutted stock cat, 3inch exhaust) I ran back to back 13.8's with a 2.0 sixty foot because my abs module blew and I couldn't hold any boost nothing higher then 900 rpms so those runs were straight from vaccuum.. plus at the time the truck had 3 to 8* of knock during shifts.. granted it's a sy and a bit lighter but you should have solid 14.0's or less.
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: My first slow trips down the quarter

Jersey 91/93 said:
Yeah, I'm almost completely stock. I have an upgraded IC pump that's hotwired. Everything else mechanical is bone stock.

Jimmy: I'm not going to run it again until I can get a DM reading on it. Smaug's been in this thread a few times... do you still have that freakin' laptop for me to buy or what?

Mike and Jim: I'm not really pushing through the brakes. She just leans forward about 1/2" or so when I build up boost and then stays put until I let off either the throttle or the brakes. Unfortunately that 1/2" or so was far enough to turn off the Pre-Stage light during runs 3 and 4. I'm 98% sure that I'm not leaking any break fluid from either end of the truck.

yes yes I do.

you'll need to install windows on it though :D
 

Jersey 91/93

NASTE Member
Re: My first slow trips down the quarter

smaug said:
yes yes I do.

you'll need to install windows on it though :D
Good. Give me a call the next time you have some free time available and I'll come over. I also need to install a "legal copy" of Windows on my home PC, since Microsoft has noticed something about the product key I used to activate that one.
 

LandryPoole

New member
Re: My first slow trips down the quarter

Hey I just went, and my TY, stock, ran 4 back to back 9.0's. Not sure what that translates in the 1/4, but my mph crossing was 74/75. my 60' times were 1.9 and 2.0. I launched at about 5 psi of boost. I don't have a boost gauge yet, so I am going off my stocker. I'd say it is all in the launch.
 

turbojimmy

New member
Re: My first slow trips down the quarter

Jersey 91/93 said:
Good. Give me a call the next time you have some free time available and I'll come over. I also need to install a "legal copy" of Windows on my home PC, since Microsoft has noticed something about the product key I used to activate that one.

What version? I've got a few "legal" copies laying around. 95, 98 and XP.

Jim
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: My first slow trips down the quarter

I think the laptop and DM would work fine on 98.. laptop is too slow for XP..

-eric

turbojimmy said:
What version? I've got a few "legal" copies laying around. 95, 98 and XP.

Jim
 

krambo

Ty - fan
Re: My first slow trips down the quarter

Tim,

Good to meet you on Friday night (I am the guy with the black Silverado SS). I saw one of your runs. I would say there is more in her however in your truck's defense, the track conditions were terrible. I was 3 tenths slower that night due to the VERY humid and warm conditions and lousy track prep. If you noticed, they sprayed down that "track bite" from the 1/8th mile to the start. I slid through my 60ft and only had a 1.8 (typically low 1.7s and best of 1.68).

Another tip to get you some better times is to deep stage. You stated that you rolled a bit when power-breaking which chipped away a little at your 60ft and ultimately at your overall time and MPH. Did you do any weight reduction...spare tire, jack etc?

By the way, your Ty looks awesome! I gotta get me one of them ASAP.
 

Jersey 91/93

NASTE Member
Re: My first slow trips down the quarter

krambo said:
Tim,

Good to meet you on Friday night (I am the guy with the black Silverado SS). I saw one of your runs. I would say there is more in her however in your truck's defense, the track conditions were terrible. I was 3 tenths slower that night due to the VERY humid and warm conditions and lousy track prep. If you noticed, they sprayed down that "track bite" from the 1/8th mile to the start. I slid through my 60ft and only had a 1.8 (typically low 1.7s and best of 1.68).

Another tip to get you some better times is to deep stage. You stated that you rolled a bit when power-breaking which chipped away a little at your 60ft and ultimately at your overall time and MPH. Did you do any weight reduction...spare tire, jack etc?

By the way, your Ty looks awesome! I gotta get me one of them ASAP.
So you were the syty.net lurker! I couldn't remember what you said your name was on here. To tell you the truth, I didn't notice anything about what they sprayed on the track, since I hadn't seen a track on raceday in person since I was about 8 years old. I'm a little glad that other people weren't getting great times, but I know there's still more to be done to my truck. I'll get her going right eventually.

I pulled the spare out of my truck permanently a while back, since it was dryrotted and I wouldn't trust it enough to drive on it. Other than that, I was at full weight, including the 2 spare quarts of oil and the spare gallon of coolent I keep behind the back seat. I wanted to see what she could do in street trim, and I didn't have anyone else with me to watch the stuff or another vehicle to throw stuff in.
 

krambo

Ty - fan
Re: My first slow trips down the quarter

Cool deal Tim. Hey, if you ever need someone to go to the track with,...let me know. I usually have someone with me to watch my wheels / tailgate.
 
Top