Possible ideal DM run

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Expert help requested. This may be a good DM pass and maybe I'm missing something. Regardless comments appreciated.

http://www.sonic.net/~donpris/AutoLog_179.uni

RT .062
60' 1.703
1/8 ET 7.756
1/8 MPH 87.66
1/4 ET 12.258
MPH 102.24

I'm quite happy with low 12's at 100+ Quicker than 12 flat and I jump to a different class in the Summit ET bracket races on the weekend.

Not the best slip of the evening but a good representation. Still working the setup between reducing the amount of 100 octane I add and reducing meth to keep spark retard as close to -0- as possible. Haven't tried adding more timing, yet.

FYI I'm not running code 59 but a chip from Mike at RPM with multiple tunes.
 

WyoSyclone

Active member
Re: Possible ideal DM run

First, I'm not an expert.... :D

But, looks like a great run to me! IAT's are awesome... only thing I could see is that, theoretically, I would think you could run 4 or 5 degrees more timing, and that your voltage seems to be low...running off the alternator you should be up around 13.5. Is the belt slipping?? Could be the alky pump drawing the system down due to it's load.

Great job :tup:
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Possible ideal DM run

First, I'm not an expert.... :D

But, looks like a great run to me! IAT's are awesome... only thing I could see is that, theoretically, I would think you could run 4 or 5 degrees more timing, and that your voltage seems to be low...running off the alternator you should be up around 13.5. Is the belt slipping?? Could be the alky pump drawing the system down due to it's load.

Great job :tup:

Thanks, not sure on the volts. Being "old school" I've actually considered installing an amp meter to have better idea of what's going. Belt is not slipping, I'm quite sure of that. I can check on a bigger alt.
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Possible ideal DM run

nice launch..........

Thanks. Low 1.7's is my norm. I occasionally dip into the 1.6's. Last night for example I had one pass at 1.67. That ET was 12.15. Previous week I did a 1.65 with an ET of 11.92. So the truck is running well. I just need to work on fine tuning my launch procedure to be more consistent.
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Possible ideal DM run

a 2 step,home made limiters,good tires and caltracs,should help

2 step is installed But I use it different than most. I bring the throttle up to where the 2 step is just starting to come in and hold it there. I don't like the "mash the throttle" technique. Traction bars are Battle Bars. No limiters, not sure I agree with that theory. Street slicks are on order, I think that will make the biggest difference.

So IOW between the launch RPM, tires, and tune I can prolly pull another tenth or 2 out of the truck but I'm happy with low 12's because, mainly, if go quicker it puts me in a different class when I race the Summit ET series.
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: Possible ideal DM run

what theory?The 2 step if used the right way will make the truck dead on every time!
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Possible ideal DM run

It's the limiters theory I don't agree with. Granted we're all wheel drive but remember 60% of the torque goes to the rear and IMHO we want all the weight transfer we can get to the rear. Limiters limit (sorry) that weight transfer. Just my :2cents: but I stickin' with it. :)
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: Possible ideal DM run

they cost about 2 dollars to make,I know we have tried before and after on trucks and seen a difference,I know personally they work for sure,they have net me 1.4s 60 fts on my build and low 1.5s on a stock motor pte52.But we all have opinions.When it trasfers that much the truck will want to lift and walk in the front hurting the 60ft.Bet if you tape and watch your runs when you leave the truck bangs up and the front dances a bit.The bars help but work even better with limiters!
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Possible ideal DM run

Well a 1.42 60' is certainly rippin' right along. Nice job. I may have to try some limiters one day. If I do I'll let you all know.
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: Possible ideal DM run

if the volts are a issue try doing the voltage mod.I posted how to wire it someplace,But I think jeff did a better job with a picture also
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Possible ideal DM run

if the volts are a issue try doing the voltage mod.I posted how to wire it someplace,But I think jeff did a better job with a picture also

If yur talking about the ECM relay mod I have that diagram, just haven't done the mod yet. It's on my list.
 
Top