My own Nationals Recap (very wordy)

ViciousV6

400HP/550FTLB
Re: My own Nationals Recap (very wordy)

i'm still surprised it went that fast considering how it was..um...."set up"

Mike , how was your gas mileage driving. If it has a Big Stuff 3 in it, i would give Harry Anderson a call and he will get that baby running supreme. He is the one that worked out all the issue on Auto addiction truck, my truck with v6 was getting 20-22 MPG on the highway and ran awesome down the track.

My 2 cents.

Ralph
ViciousV6

MikeRenz

not stock

Mike , how was your gas mileage driving. If it has a Big Stuff 3 in it, i would give Harry Anderson a call and he will get that baby running supreme. He is the one that worked out all the issue on Auto addiction truck, my truck with v6 was getting 20-22 MPG on the highway and ran awesome down the track.

My 2 cents.

Ralph
ViciousV6

my gas mileage is horrible right now becuase off-throttle it's dumping fuel. While cruising i'll see 13.5-14.7 or so, take my foot off the gas and it spikes to 11.6-12.9.

I'm not about to spend thousands of dollars to tune the thing. I'd much rather take it upon myself to learn how it works.

ViciousV6

400HP/550FTLB

my gas mileage is horrible right now becuase off-throttle it's dumping fuel. While cruising i'll see 13.5-14.7 or so, take my foot off the gas and it spikes to 11.6-12.9.

I'm not about to spend thousands of dollars to tune the thing. I'd much rather take it upon myself to learn how it works.

People surely must get mixed info, if everything is working correctly and it only needs a tune then you might only be looking at 500-700 bucks to do engine and trans tune, and also driveability tune for fuel economy. Stand alone system are the way to go but learning it for the 1st time could cost ya washing the rings out or hurting something. It surely cost more than 1,000 to take out, rebuild and reinstall.

What ever you want, after wasting 2 syty motors and getting a tuner that knows what he is doing "priceless" also to mention never needed a motor replacement again.

ViciousV6

MikeRenz

not stock

People surely must get mixed info, if everything is working correctly and it only needs a tune then you might only be looking at 500-700 bucks to do engine and trans tune, and also driveability tune for fuel economy. Stand alone system are the way to go but learning it for the 1st time could cost ya washing the rings out or hurting something. It surely cost more than 1,000 to take out, rebuild and reinstall.

What ever you want, after wasting 2 syty motors and getting a tuner that knows what he is doing "priceless" also to mention never needed a motor replacement again.

ViciousV6

Harry is also a couple hundred miles from me which makes it that much more unappealing. I know he knows his way around tuning a syty, that's not my concern. I just have shallow pockets that don't allow me to continue to dump hundreds of dollars every time i spend time on the truck. If i lived closer i'd call him and discuss...but i have a local that i trust that i'll use if i decide to start paying for more tuning.