5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

Smkur50

SYTY Fleet owner
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

what are you using for an exhaust after the downpipe?
 

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

what are you using for an exhaust after the downpipe?

Turbo======="cat"====cutout=======straight though muffler========== out the back next to the rear shackle.

All exhaust is mandrel bent 3"
 
Last edited:

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

*update time*

well, the other day Black Night and I were driving around in this thing and we lost the upper radiator hose and then the belt followed it. here is a pic of the hose...

1310934567.jpg


apparently last time i worked on it, the hose was laying on the water pump pulley after i put it back together and I didnt notice. so here is my new hose, 1.5" stainless tubing in the middle of 2 90* hoses.

1310927958.jpg


and the last pic is nothing out of the ordinary :rotf:

1310933381.jpg
 

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

I'm pretty sure that it slipped off when the up hose was dumping coolant onto the pulley.
 

epix

Typhoon
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

What bike is that? I'm currently doing a supermotard swap on my DR650.
 

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

What bike is that? I'm currently doing a supermotard swap on my DR650.

04' KTM 525EXC. Converted it when I bought it in 05', been tearing up the streets on it ever since :)

1311048673.jpg
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

Those are mega fun on the street. We rode with a couple guys in Italy that would literally drift them under power through almost every turn. Their boots had metal soles and sparks would fly every time they would plant them down. It was cool to watch and though almost certain one of them would eventually end up high-siding at the speeds we cranked through the mountains, none of them ever crashed.

Anyway, nice bike ;)
 

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

Those are mega fun on the street. We rode with a couple guys in Italy that would literally drift them under power through almost every turn. Their boots had metal soles and sparks would fly every time they would plant them down. It was cool to watch and though almost certain one of them would eventually end up high-siding at the speeds we cranked through the mountains, none of them ever crashed.

Anyway, nice bike ;)

Thanks! I've had streetbikes and currently ride a Harley too but when it comes to fun on the street or turns(no freeway), absolutely nothing beats a supermoto bike. I like it too because it gets 45mpg so it cost me $8 to commute to work all week! Down side is that I get pulled over all the time since most cops think it's not street legal.
 

92AcademyPhooner

New member
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

Thanks! I've had streetbikes and currently ride a Harley too but when it comes to fun on the street or turns(no freeway), absolutely nothing beats a supermoto bike. I like it too because it gets 45mpg so it cost me $8 to commute to work all week! Down side is that I get pulled over all the time since most cops think it's not street legal.


This build was awesome and has motivated me to do an LSx swap as well, but i think i'm gona do an N/A motor. Thanks for the inspirations and great tips. Hope your Ty keeps on screamin and destroyin cars/trucks all over the place. :D

PS if you know of anyone doin/alread did an N/A build on a Ty let me know. Thanks
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

This build was awesome and has motivated me to do an LSx swap as well, but i think i'm gona do an N/A motor. Thanks for the inspirations and great tips. Hope your Ty keeps on screamin and destroyin cars/trucks all over the place. :D

PS if you know of anyone doin/alread did an N/A build on a Ty let me know. Thanks

HAHHA, cant wait to rape it on the street. I WILL catch you at a light someday.
 

92AcademyPhooner

New member
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

HAHHA, cant wait to rape it on the street. I WILL catch you at a light someday.

haha:rotf: that would still be sweet. lol But i think my main deterance from doin the turbo would be the tuning. But i know their is plenty of help out there so. Ill be building up my block now though so we'll see. I'm sure your guys truck would woop me but ill try and give ya a run for your money. ha thanks ya'll. I'll start a post as soon as i start. :tup:
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

Hey tytilidie, is there a WHT/WHT Typhoon in the Springs? I thought I've seen one.

My wife's is wht/wht, Taylor's is wht/wht and Chris owns a wht/wht. Mine isblack and is almost ready to roll. I am hoping to start the tune next week when my chip adapters get here. Whats wrong with yours?
 

Smkur50

SYTY Fleet owner
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

Noticed you said you have a 4wd transfer case? Any reason for that? Whats the difference from our stock t cases?
 

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
Re: 5.3/4L80E Single Turbo Typhoon Build

Noticed you said you have a 4wd transfer case? Any reason for that? Whats the difference from our stock t cases?

Truck came with it when we bought it. I would prefer to use a stock case but it would have been alot more $$$$$ to switch
 
Top