Shindig 2014 Info

sytyguy

Moderated User
I'll populate this thread with more info as it comes in, but the tentative dates for the 2014 Shindig are....

OCTOBER 2-5, 2014 (Thursday-Sunday)

I've been waiting on the SCCA to release some dates to firm anything up, but I just got word that this weekend is all-clear. For those who've attended Shindig before, you know that Mother Nature likes to send us some unseasonably cold weather the 4 days we get together. To (hopefully) combat this, we're having it a full month earlier this time. I wanted to have it earlier than this, but other weekends conflicted (with SCCA and with things yet to be announced).

So, there you have it.....mark your calendars and stay tuned to this thread for more info as it comes in. This Shindig is gonna be the best yet! More on that later.... ;)

---------------------

Some updates:

Autocross - We are good to go! We received confirmation that we have a locked in date of Saturday, October 4th from the SCCA and the GPA. We're opening it up to local drivers (as we always do), so we'll be on an SCCA schedule and framework, but we'll get to see and ride with different cars. I'll make a formal post on racing soon.

Hotel - We are locked in with the Wingate Hotel for $74.99 per night + tax. We had been staying at the Red Roof Inn in Pooler for the last 6 years, but our stay last time was subpar, so we're moving it. Rincon is 5 minutes father away from the Autocross (now a 20 minute trip) but is 5 minutes closer to the Dragstrip (now a 35 minute trip). We have 15 rooms blocked for now and they will add more if needed. To be on the safe side, I would call to reserve as I'm sure if the group code is effective online (it may be, I haven't tested it). Lastly (this is important), to receive the discounted rate, you must book at least 1 month in advance. After that, it goes back to $99 per night.

Hotel Link - $74.99 per night + tax

To book a room, please use the following group code: Southeast SyTy Association

Wingate by Wyndham Savannah I-95 North
115 O'Leary Road
Port Wentworth, GA 31407
Phone: (912) 964-0840

Here's an aerial shot of the Wingate Hotel.

ShindigHotelLarge.jpg

Last edited:

jeepruby04

Re: Shindig 2014 Info

I need to check but I think I'm on vacation that week. :tup:
I made it to Nats last year and Homecoming the year before that so this is next on my list and frankly the one I'm most excited about.

sy#2716

SyTy 4 Life

Good deal!!!!! Sounds Like a plan!!!

I will hit you up later to see what i can do!

wheels

Donating Member

Damn, flights are way more expensive than last time. Might have to drive.

sytyguy

Moderated User

Oh, and for those interested. Adam, Harmon, Rodney, and myself (and I'm sure Ian too) are going to go skydiving that Thursday. Anyone else who wants in, LMK. The more the....cheaper.

And we'll be shooting guns at my place like an aspiring militia.

graham1524

Oh, and for those interested. Adam, Harmon, Rodney, and myself (and I'm sure Ian too) are going to go skydiving that Thursday. Anyone else who wants in, LMK. The more the....cheaper.

And we'll be shooting guns at my place like an aspiring militia.

You can count me in for the whole shebang

canadian

sy in progress

Time to update the suspension on the Mazda... See if any of you can beat me this year. Maybe I'll bring the Acura.

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.

That hotel looks great! Hopefully the plumbing is great. :thumbsup:

sytyguy

Moderated User

The woods to right (behind the back lot) are neighbor'd by nothing, so we *should* be okay to hang out and be somewhat loud back there. Plus, there's overflow parking for trailers to the right of the hotel, so it would fit us nice.

There is no plumbing that is good enough....